Our client, a growing company in web marketing desires to hire dynamic and passionate candidates to fill a Software Engineer in Test position.
What the job is about:
As a Software Engineer in Test you are responsible for understanding and establishing service-level objectives. You’ll then work with our product teams and their business stakeholders to ensure we reach those goals.
The ideal candidate is excited to work with many development teams to cultivate an understanding of how systems are supposed to work. From there, they are constantly learning and developing expertise on new tools, technologies and methodologies to make infrastructure faster, more secure, and more resilient.
What you will do:
- Participates in the planning, implementation and maintenance of test architectures;
- Creates test cases and harnesses, and works toward their automation in the context of continuous integration;
- Shows innovation in proposing new test architectures, methodologies and tools;
- Executes test harnesses, and verify that automated processes are executed adequately;
- Perform some manual testing as required;
- Reports bugs with quality descriptions, working closely with development teams to see through and verify fixes;
- Holds good knowledge on products working closely with development and product teams;
- Works with internal customers to analyze products risks, and to gather feedback on quality;
- Diligently reports wins and issues with other team member and the team lead;
- Participates actively in agile processes.
What you need to have and know:
- 4 to 6 years experience as a Software Engineer in Test;
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies, functional and non-functional, automated and manual testing, i.e. unit, integration, system or end-to-end testing as well as load, stress, performance, usability and security testing;
- Experience with test automation tools and frameworks.
- Able to very quickly adapt to new technologies and frameworks;
- Autonomous, very dynamic, capable of handling working in a very fast-paced environment;
- Solution oriented approach to problem solving;
- Can communicate clearly and accurately in English to people from various cultural and technical backgrounds (French speaking a plus).
What our client is offering:
Our client offers a work environment that focuses on collaboration, innovation and engagement. On top of that, you get the following perks:
- Competetive salary;
- Comprehensive group insurance benefits;
- Great downtown location;
- Young, dynamic work environment with mentoring and plenty of internal growth opportunity;
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket;
- Company activities such as softball, yoga, summer BBQ, running club just to name a few!